Thursday, August 30, 2012

Why Grace?

Some of you may be wondering why I picked "choose grace" for my title

grace

noun
1. elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action:
2. manifestation of favor, especially by a superior: It was only through the dean's grace that I wasn't expelled from school
 
Elegance or beauty of form...I can choose to survive my circumstances with grace and dignity.  I don't have to let what has happened define me.  I don't have to let it make me bitter and angry, so I CHOOSE GRACE.
 
Manifestation of Favor...but for the Grace of God I survived the accident.  Not only survived, but walked away without a scratch on me or my son....Now I had a very very strong faith before the accident that has given me a solid foundation to grow in my faith.  I see where God has graced me with blessings in spite of the tragedy that we have endured.  I think that is paramount to our survival. 
 
I have met women in my life who epitomize grace and even before I was widowed I looked up to those.   I hope that someday someone looks back on me and says "She was so full of grace and strength"    

2 comments:

  1. My friend, Catherine, was in a similar situation. She started up http://www.thewiddahood.com/. If you haven't heard of it, you may want to check it out.

    So inspiring that you've chosen to focus on grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lori, Catherine and I are actually connected on FB...one of her kids is actually the same age as my munchkin! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete