Tuesday, May 14, 2013

From the Bad to the FANTASTIC!

My day didn't start off well at all.  Nope, not even close.

Started with walking into work and someone making the comment, that they emailed me and I didn't answer.   (Here's the thing, I don't check email while I am driving, not gonna happen, there is nothing that could happen at work that is so important that I would risk losing my life for!) Sure enough, he did, in the middle of my commute...I blew it off and moved on with the day.

I had my son apply for a scholarship for one of his summer camps, I asked him to put it in his backpack and turn it in at school.   Where do I find it?  You guessed it, in MY backpack! UGGHHH!

Work was chaotic, and trust me that is putting it nicely, I spent my entire day putting out fires and dealing with crap.  Literally when I was about to lose my cool I took a deep breath and walked up and down five flights of stairs and said a prayer that my day would get better. I got back to my desk and  I had an email.

See here is the thing.  I know all too well that things change in an instant.  Literally in the blink of an eye.  I am just used to that blink making things bad, not good.   It made me totally unprepared for the rest of my day!

It was from Munchkin's teacher telling me how much she enjoys him and how hard he has been working.  That he is always respectful and is such a joy.  Ah, a sigh of relief something went right!

Then my mom called, she was looking to buy a purse from me (if you are interested the link to order is www.gigihillbags.com/beckylichucki no pressure, but take a look :) ) Nice!

Then I picked up munchkin, he was all excited about TaeKwonDo and when we got there, his new leadership uniform was in as well as his board to break!  He was on cloud nine and really, that is enough to totally make my day!

When I got home to check my mail, I had a card.   A no reason card!  Those are the best!  My best friend and I have been best friends for three decades (sounds better than 30 years, because you know, I am not really in to thinking about how old I am!)   We have been through EVERYTHING together.  She is AMAZING and loves me for me.  I am serious, she is really the best friend that anyone could ever ask for.  I could not even begin to explain what I would do without her, because I have not contemplated that-ever. She is my rock.

And what was the inside of the card you ask?

"I just wanted to tell you I am SO grateful for everything you do for me and the love you show me.  You are my best friend and a wonderful person, and I thought you needed to know it!"

I am so grateful to have such a great friend in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment