Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Birthday in Heaven

Today Robert would have been 38. This is the fifth time September 21st has come and almost gone. Another reminder that time marches forward.

Today was a wet day one of the first days of fall which will throw us full force into winter before we know it. It was drizzly and dreary all day.

This afternoon I got the picture below from my best friend. We have known each other more years than I care to admit but she always has and always will know me like no one else can. Her text was simple "happy birthday to Robert. Look at the rainbow from heaven". I am blessed that I have such great friends.

I had several other calls and texts and Facebook messages and I am feeling very lucky to have such an amazing group of friends and family that love me.

I miss him. I believe that I always will, but I am thankful for the rainbows that he sends me and the people who stand by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment