Friday, October 5, 2012

Little Kisses....

Driving to work this morning, I was admiring the beautiful fall colors.  The Maples turn a beautiful crimson.  The elms are yellow, there is very little green left.  The sun was peeking through the clouds and making the leaves glisten.  GORGEOUS!  Fall is one of my favorite times of year.  I love that the seasons change.   The change of seasons is one of the things that I missed most living in Texas. 

As I was admiring everything, my mind drifted to Robert.  As that happened a song I had never heard came on to the radio and the lyrics struck me. 


Don’t let the night become the day
Don’t take the darkness to the grave
I know pain is just a place
The will has been broken
Don’t let the fear become the hate
Don’t take the sadness to the grave
I know the fight is on the way
When the sides have been chosen

Cause if you never leave home, never let go
You’ll never make it to the great unknown
Open up your eyes
Keep your eyes open
So tell me you’re strong, tell me you see
I need to hear it, can you promise me to
Keep your eyes open, my love
So show me your fire, show me your heart
You know I’ll never let you fall apart if you
Keep your eyes open, my love
NEED TO BREATHE-Keep Your Eyes Open
 
 
Hearing this was like hearing someone speak to my soul.  Music is very much like that.  We used to always communicate with music.  We were great at talking but it was not unusual for us to find some obscure lyrics and play or sing songs to each other.  We could spend hours, literally hours doing this, singing, dancing, playing music and generally just plain old being in love.   Man do I miss that! But as I heard the lyrics plain and clear, it was like a little kiss to my soul.   A small reminder that he is still out there in the universe.   For the day it gave me a reminder and a sense of peace...I know it may sound just a little crazy, but really there have been some pretty crazy things that I have experienced in my life.  
 
So, I revel in the beauty of the world around me and I enjoy the little kisses that I get whatever they may be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment