Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Taking a Breath

In my industry, conferences are a necessity. Last summer as I was bemoaning all of my travels to one of my aunts, she pointed out that I have some pretty great opportunities to nourish my soul in my travels. Generally I can find two hours when I land or before I leave that doesn't add any more time to my trip to just do something for me. Sometimes I am really lucky and the conference is in an amazing venue. Changing that mindset for me has been transformative. I still don't really like being gone, but I have made a conscious choice to stop and smell the roses so to speak.

This weekend was one of those times. I am an early riser, so I got to enjoy watch the sunrise from the beach before the meetings started. As I sat in the sand looking around me I realized how blessed I am. Munchkin is taken care of having a great time with his uncles and Papa and here I am being able to recognize our fortune. I am able to take thirty minutes to just be and enjoy the sunrise, to feel the cool sand between my toes, to listen to the surf hit the sand, listen to the birds and just relax.

In those thirty minutes I am grateful to be able to count my blessings.

Enjoy my picture of the sunrise over the Atlantic and take a minute to share your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment