Monday, February 25, 2013

Perfect Moment Monday-SNOWBALLS

~~~~~
Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.
On the last Monday of each month we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join.


http://www.blogher.com/frame.php?url=http://LavenderLuz.com

~~~~~~

This month we have had actual snow! Inches of it.  Now a little background, I lived in Texas for nearly ten years and I whined and moaned and groaned every winter that I missed snow and seasons!
Therefore, I do not complain of snow.  In the past four years, it has become somewhat of a joke in my family because Texas has had more snow than we have had!  We even had a record number of days without snow here in Chicago. 

Well a week or so ago, we got about 6 inches of snow. We were not going to miss the opportunity to enjoy the cold white stuff.   While I was outside shoveling, Munchkin was feeling well enough to come out and help me.   Well, his "helping" turned into the two of us playing.  I decided it was more fun and far more important to play with him-he will be grown soon enough and not wanting to play with Mommy!

For 20 minutes, it was glorious.  I showed him how to make snowballs, and we threw them at each other.  Laughing, and running around, Munchkin was all smiles.   We then built a mini "sled hill" and he had great fun "sledding" down it.

It was absolutely priceless to be able to just stop and throw snowballs.  To listen to his laughter and just generally have fun with Munchkin!  When we were cold, we went inside and made some hot cocoa-topped with whipped cream.   Sometimes, the best moments are those that just happen.   I hope that as Munchkin grows older, he finds joy in the memories that we make together.  

4 comments:

  1. What am awesome perfect moment and as a fellow Chicagoian I can especially appreciate it, with the lack of snow we have seen around here this winter season. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, thanks for reading...on a separate note, when I packed snow pants for school this morning, I was informed by Munchkin that the weatherman is ALWAYS wrong because we don't have enough snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something so nostalgic about playing in the snow. Especially with a child. Snow brings out the child in all of us (except for when you have to shovel it or drive in it!).

    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete