Thursday, January 2, 2014

Acts of Kindness...

For those that don't watch the news, Chicago is experiencing a huge winter system.  While it is winter in the Midwest, and we should expect snow, this has been going steady for three days! 

My house sits on a corner lot, which means I have a lot of sidewalk to clear (and man am I glad I didn't get the other house I was looking at that had a driveway three times as long as mine!!!)  Last winter my snow blower bit the dust.  It was old and it came with the house and it couldn't handle more than an inch anyway.   I figured that I would get a new one, but I never got around to it.  I have been shoveling.  

Well, yesterday, my neighbor up the block literally came and cleared the entire block with his snow blower.  I was shocked and elated!  That meant that I only had to clear my driveway (and my parents house because they are out of town!)

I cannot tell you how much it means to find that people do little things for others.   It is a concept that I have been trying to teach Munchkin.  That you should do things that are nice for others and not expect anything in return. 

Fast forward to today, and I just went out to shovel and he cleared them AGAIN!  That means that even though it has snowed well over a foot today, I have not had to do my main sidewalks but once. 

To say that I am grateful isn't enough.  I am humbled to be a recipient of such kindness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment