Thursday, January 24, 2013

Divine Intervention...

Well this week certainly has not gone as I planned. While I know that nothing generally goes as planned, planning a week isnt usually derailed this badly! 

When I looked at our week on Sunday it was chock full of stuff for both of us.  State testing for munchkin...his first round of "official" standardized testing in the world of academia, business trip for me, three presentations due for me, Taekwondo practice for munchkin.  A busy week--throw in a school holiday on Monday and the rest of the week gets busier. 


Tuesday morning, I get up, get him to school and head to the airport for my business trip.   Should have been an easy hour and a half flight.   As I am sitting in the airport, the school nurse calls to tell me that he needed his inhaler...she gave him his inhaler, while we were still on the phone, he improved and she sent him back to class. 

I am sitting in the airport literally debating getting on the plane or calling my boss and begging to skip the meeting.  As I am sitting there asking God for a sign, my flight is CANCELLED!  A mechanical issue took the plane our of srevice-and all passengers were put on standby for the next flight.   I emailed my boss to let him know.   As I was on the standby list for that flight, it was CANCELLED as well.  At that point I called my dad, I told him, I was not exactly sure what was going on, but I could feel in my bones that something was up.   So, my name rolled to another standby, and another and another.   After checking in with work, we decided that if I didn't get on the 4:30 flight, that I should just stay home and do a conference call in the morning.  Well, you guessed it...I didn't get on the flight...my name was stuck in perpetual standby all day. 

I headed home and went to pick up munchkin.  When I got to him, he looked HORRIBLE!  I got him in the car and headed home, when we got there his fever was 104.7!   Well, I called his doctor and the nurse put us in for an appointment at the end of the night.  

By the time we got there, his asthma was in full force...coughing, wheezing, gagging...the whole bit.  For those of you who have been lucky enough to never see your child gasp for air, let me assure you it is a terrifying thing to witness.   Needless to say, the doctor admitted him to the hospital that night, and we have been here for three days.   He has pneumonia and another respiratory virus.  

God really does work in mysterious ways.   He kept me here at home where my baby needed me to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment