Monday, January 28, 2013

My Perfect Moment Monday- The Wishbone

~~~~~
Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.
On the last Monday of each month we engage in mindfulness about something that is right with our world. Everyone is welcome to join.


http://www.blogher.com/frame.php?url=http://LavenderLuz.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Two weeks ago, I roasted a chicken.  I saved the wishbone and let it dry.   
Breaking the wishbone was one of my favorite childhood memories!!!  There were 5 of us so we often had to wait our turn.  

As I did the dishes, I noticed that it was sufficiently dried out to be able to break.  

I called Munchkin and asked him to come up to the kitchen.  He did and I explained that we were going to break the wishbone.  That we would kiss each other on the cheek and make our wish.  Whomever got the bigger piece in their hand would get their wish granted at some time. 

Now, if you have been reading for awhile, you know that I have to temper his expectations! 

He was so excited that he was jumping up and down.  "Mommy I know my wish, I know my wish!!!"

"Ready?"
"One, Two, Three!"

And we pulled.  The wishbone popped apart.   When we compared our pieces they were exactly the same size!!!  The wishbone had actually broken into three pieces!  Our pieces were the same and the top tip broke off and went flying!

We both broke into giggles and laughter.  I love seeing my boy smile and laugh.  His bright blue eyes open wide and his giggles are contagious. 
"Mommy, we both get our wish!!!!!!!!"

Oh buddy, please hold on to the magic of wishes for as long as you can!  My wish for you is to enjoy your childhood and keep your sense of wonder and amazement for as long as you can...you deserve it!

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and magical moment with your son. I used to love wishbone wishes, too!

    It turned out to be the best kind of tie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from PMM. I love when this happens ... and how beautiful that your son was happy to share the "win" with you! I hope that you both get your wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, sweet moment! I can imagine my son with that same joyful enthusiasm. It is such a beautiful thing! (Visiting from Perfect Moment Monday)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I to love when they believe in all wishes and possibilities. Hope they never lose that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it when kids are jumping up and down from excitement. Such a sweet moment. Hope both your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete